I find Prince Edward Island to be one of the best temperate beach vacation destinations in North America. Why?
1. Scenery -- tranquil farm lands and rolling hills. Miles of biking trails.
2. Beaches -- warm water from Gulf of St. Lawrence, gentle waves, pink or white smooth sand, and ease of finding your own secluded beach. The beaches around the Greenwich National Park are amongst the best in North America.
3. Culture -- the Confederation Centre of the Arts in Charlottetown in one of the premiere performing art theaters in Canada. Don't miss it!
4. Food -- endless array of seafood, from lobster to scallop to mussels. The world famous Malpeque oysters are a not-to-be-missed delicacy. Oh, and the best ice cream served from numerous farm stands on the island.
5. Atmosphere -- the entire island has a very laid back atmosphere. People are friendly and there is no traffic jam on the island.
[ August 2007 ]
Click a picture to see a larger view.